Is your attitude, actions, or the way you treat your relationship killing his libido?
Any new relationship is a matter of give and take, and once the fun and flirting stage is over, it can be hard not to hit the streets of boredom and routine.
Once you are committed to each other, and in it for the long term, it is important that you both remain sexy for each other, and keep the relationship (and his libido) alive.
Here are Some Red Flags That Are Sure to Kill his Libido if You Aren’t Careful:
- Are you getting enough sleep? If you are always tired, you will not feel like making love or even making an effort in your relationship. If you are too tired for an early morning quickie or a late night romp, your partner will only put up with that for so long.
He will either feel very rejected and succumb to the advances of someone who gives him a bit of attention, or he will start looking for something else to replace the loneliness (sports, work, mates, nights out), which will drive a wedge between the two of even more.
Get enough sleep, and if you find you are waking up tired, find the cause of the problem and fix it.
- Are you drinking too much? Going to bed drunk every night is the quickest way to kill his libido. You will either pass out as soon as you struggle into bed, or even worse, pass out in the middle of an intimate moment. And let’s face it, a drunk partner is not an attractive look. Try cutting back and having just a glass or two to put you in the mood.
Think about what you are doing and seek professional help if you need to. If one of you has a drinking problem, the whole relationship could be in trouble, not just his libido.
- Are you working too much? Working long hours or in a stressful environment can put you in a bad mood and cause you to constantly nag your partner. It can make you tired, resentful, and you certainly won’t be in the mood for working on his libido.
Slow down and take time out if you need it. Cut back on your hours and take a well deserved break. At home, get him to help out so you don’t have to do everything yourself, and show your appreciation in the bedroom.
- Are YOU bored in the bedroom? If your partner bores you in the bedroom, it can lead to both of you looking for excitement elsewhere. Try taking the lead yourself for once. Try something new that you’ve read about. Your new moves could be as raunchy as “50 Shades of Grey” or as soft as a “Sweetheart Romance” novel.
Every couple is different. You know what you both are into in the bedroom, and what you feel comfortable with. You know where the ‘no go’ zones are, so you decide what is needed to spice things up.
- Do your friends or family take up too much time? Seeing your friends and family is a good thing. But sometimes it can be too much of a good thing. If they are with you all weekend or most nights, there is not going to be any time left for the two of you. Your friends and family don’t always have to be in front of you to disrupt time between you and your lover. You may be texting or talking to throughout the night.
Try having a friends/family weekend free at least once a month and do something together – just the two of you. Even if that something is to stay in bed together all weekend!
His libido is important in a relationship and so is yours. Try keeping it alive, so that your relationship has a chance to grow during those tough times. Life is full of ups and downs – and your relationship will be too.
Let me know if you have any other suggestions to keep his libido alive.